Communicating with Impact
To provide participants with the tools and techniques they need to communicate effectively and with impact, using assertive skills and behaviours appropriately in a wide range of situations to achieve a win – win outcome.
By the end of the course attendees will:
- Be more self-aware of the impact of their communication style on others;
- Discover how to make requests more effectively
- Learn effective techniques for communicating in challenging situations;
- Be able to proactively manage challenges in the workplace.
- Background/issues to communicating in the workplace;
- The importance of communicating appropriately;
- Using different modes of communication and behaviour;
- Assessing our own typical communication/behaviour patterns;
- What are the advantages / disadvantages of different behaviours?
- Recognising where assertiveness can help;
- Getting the inner dialogue right;
- Applying appropriate non-verbal behaviour to match the words of our communication;
- Applying these techniques at work e.g. in meetings;
- Handling non-assertive or over-assertive behaviour from others;
- Skills Practice;
- Planning how to communicate with impact in a range of situations faced.
The style of the programme is highly participative. Those attending will be involved in group discussions and various exercises to consolidate the key learning points.
To discuss your company’s management development or business development needs call 01235 531 341 or 07860 700 575 for a no obligation meeting and proposal